Last Updated: 11/13/2017
This Privacy Statement explains how information about you is collected, used and disclosed by Direct Care Innovations LLC (“DCI”). This Privacy Statement applies to information we collect when you use our mobile application (“Application”) website and other online products and services (collectively, the “Services”), or when you otherwise interact with us.
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make changes, we will notify you by revising the date at the top of the policy and, in some cases, we may provide you with additional notice (such as adding a statement to our homepage or sending you a notification). We encourage you to review the Privacy Notice whenever you access the Services or otherwise interact with us to stay informed about our information practices and the ways you can help protect your privacy
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We receive and store any information you enter through the Services. This information may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- • Registration information, including user name, password and product information
- • Your name and your contact details, including email address, postal address, and phone number
- • Any other information uploaded or entered into the Services, including patient health information
Information from Your Health Care Institution
We receive and store information provided by your physician, health agency, Medicaid, Medicaid, insurance company, employer or other care provider (collectively, “Institution”) servers and databases based on your Institution’s configuration of our Services. This information may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- • Patient health information, including protected health information
- • Patient signature acknowledgement
- • Patient photographs
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- • Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- • Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information, as well as actions performed by the user in accessing our Services. We also use analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Application and Services. We may record information such as how often you use the Application or Services, what you do using the Application or Services, and performance data.
- • Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device each time you access or use one of our Application or otherwise consent to the collection of this information. For more details, please see “Your Choices” below.
- • Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, including cookies. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- • Connect your network services to the Application or Institution databases;
- • Triangulate your location (if you have enabled location information) to establish a certain radius of the address at your check-in to your Institution, verify your visit to an Institution, and document other features of your visit to an Institution;
- • Perform electronic visit verification;
- • Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- • Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- • Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service; and, We use automatically-collected information to enable us to analyze how often users use parts of the Services and to monitor trends, usage and activities, so that we can make the Services appealing and relevant to as many users as possible, and customize and improve those Services.
Sharing of Information
We may share information about you as follows or as otherwise described in this Privacy Notice:
- • With your Institution;
- • With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- • In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- • If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of DCI or others;
- • In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
- • Between and among DCI and our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
- • With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging into your online account, emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please email us at email@example.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
When you first launch any of our mobile Applications that collect location information, you will be asked to consent to the application’s collection of this information. We currently require this location information in order to use our Services, so if you do not consent to this collection, you cannot use our Services. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. If you do so, our mobile Applications, or certain features thereof, will no longer function. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile Applications from your device.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails DCI by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.